How Transitional Care in Edmonton Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
When a loved one has been discharged from a medical facility, the last thing you want is for them to be readmitted. Unfortunately, roughly one-in-five seniors are readmitted to the hospital within the first 30 days of being discharged. At Senior Home Care by Angels® we work to reduce these high rates of hospital readmission by offering transitional care services.
With our transitional care services at Senior Home Care By Angels, we take a three-prong approach to care. Our services help seniors in the hospital, during the transition back home, and in the crucial few weeks following a hospital visit.
Why do Readmissions in Edmonton Occur?
While a senior may be making a steady recovery at a hospital, things can take a turn once the you get home. One of the main reasons seniors may need to be readmitted to the hospital is because they are unable to follow a doctor’s discharge instructions.
- Seniors with mobility issues might have difficulties attending follow-up appointments.
- Those with memory problems might have a hard time keeping track of what medication to take and when.
- Seniors who are exhausted following a hospital visit might be unable to follow a special diet, complete exercises, or manage a disease or illness on their own.
And a plethora of other reasons!
Transitional Care for Seniors in Edmonton and Surrounding Areas
With our personalized, three-prong approach to transitional care, we make sure each of our clients in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Sherwood Park, and throughout the Greater Edmonton Area gets the exact care they need.
Our three-prong approach to care includes:
- In the Hospital. Our transitional care services can help your family in the Edmonton area by guiding you through the discharge process. We can offer tips to avoid hospital readmission and provide a guide with helpful questions to ask your loved one’s medical team. We'll even have an Angel visit you in the hospital before your discharge, to make sure you're feeling well!
- In your Home. We can offer non-medical care to your loved one and respite to family caregivers. In addition to helping around the house, we can let you and any relevant professionals know if we notice any physical or cognitive changes in your loved one.
- In Our Office. Behind the scenes, our care services can help your loved one in the Edmonton area by offering transportation to appointments, providing medication reminders, and arranging medication and food deliveries.
Learn more about how our transitional care services can help your loved one following a hospital visit by calling Senior Home Care By Angels Edmonton at (780) 487-4256 today, or visiting our Contact Page here!
Each Senior Home Care by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Home Care by Angels franchised agency.