Bridging the Digital Divide
At Senior Home Care by Angels, we recognize the importance of staying connected. Social support is crucial for seniors, and companionship can help reduce loneliness, depression, and sadness. But there is more to social support than physical, in-person connections. Which is why we provide a service that engages our clients, and helps them develop the skills needed to use technology to stay connected. We understand the need to feel in-touch with your family, friends and community - so we equip you with the knowledge to ensure you never lose contact. Whether it be chronic pain or reduced mobility that is keeping you from certain venues, activities or gatherings, we want to make sure you are never actually excluded.
How Digital Tools Help Seniors Stay Engaged
Recent studies show that surfing the internet can reduce depression in seniors by up to 20 percent.* Staying engaged and connected online can be a great tool to combat depression and loneliness for seniors. With our social care program, caregivers help seniors navigate any technological tool they have!
Helping Seniors Stay Connected Through Home Care Assistance
The social care program includes:
- Help with Cell Phones. Our Angels can help seniors program contacts, download and use applications, experience face-to-face video calls, text message and understand any other aspect of the device!
- Help with emailing, and video chatting. Our caregivers can also teach our client how to use apps like Skype, FaceTime or an email service. This will help make sure that you always stay connected!
- Help with Facebook. Facebook is the biggest social media platform and we know that our clients love to connect with family members and friends through it! So, our caregivers can help our clients create an account and interact with loved ones - along with navigating the events and communities that interest them!
- Internet use. Caregivers can help clients perform all aspects of Internet-use! This includes online research, searching out old friends, playing games, organizing information and so much more!
If you’re concerned that your aging loved one is being impacted by isolation and loneliness, the social care program can be a great solution. To learn more about the care we can provide, Contact Senior Home Care by Angels
or phone us at (780) 487-4256
Because of this program, I was able to experience two of the greatest joys in life – becoming a grandmother and seeing my son become a new father. Skyping and Facebooking with my son and his family are now a normal part of my life. It helps me feel like I’m still an important part of their lives even though I’m miles and miles away.
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Each Senior Home Care by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Home Care by Angels franchised agency.