The Ten Warning Signs Your Loved One in Greater Stoney Creek, ON May Need Alzheimer’s Care
Senior Home Care by Angels offers Alzheimer’s care to seniors living in Stoney Creek, Hamilton, and nearby towns
If you are unsure whether an aging loved one might be showing signs of Alzheimer's or early-stage, mid-stage, or late-stage dementia, you must share your concerns with their medical care professional. Cognitive diseases require specialized care programs, and the families and individuals who navigate these diseases need exceptional support. Senior Home Care by Angels Hamilton offers specialized Alzheimer's and dementia care to help you, your family, and your loved one.
These ten warning signs could mean that your aging loved one is facing Alzheimer's disease:
- Inability to remember names, identities, or recent life events.
- Misplacing items, losing track of tasks or projects, and inability to retrace steps or locate lost items.
- Decreased ability to make decisions or demonstrate sound judgment.
- Reduced ability to plan, solve problems, or concentrate.
- Trouble understanding visual images, reading, or responding to colors or contrast.
- New or worsening problems with speaking, writing, or communicating.
- New or worsening confusion about time and place, losing track of dates, seasons, or time.
- It is challenging to complete familiar tasks at home or work, unable to navigate projects that were once easy to finish or remember.
- Changes in personality or mood include fearfulness, anxiety, suspicion, or disinterest in usual activities.
- Withdrawal from social activities or interpersonal interactions at work or home.
If these warning signs seem familiar to you in your aging loved one's behavior, it is vital to have them evaluated by their physician and screened for Alzheimer's. It is essential to recognize that Alzheimer's disease is not a standard aging feature and shouldn't be confused with basic forgetfulness or slowing capabilities. Every individual may have different experiences, but if your loved one shows multiple symptoms on this list of warning signs, take the opportunity to alert their doctor to your concerns.
Your options for memory care services
If your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, your next step is to determine what kind of care is right for your loved one and your family. Like many senior care services, Alzheimer's care can be accessed in in-home caretaking, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes. Please consider the available options in your area and what would work best for your loved one.
Senior Home Care by Angels Hamilton provides comprehensive in-home care and Alzheimer's care for seniors. We have specialized and trained memory caregivers who understand the needs of clients who have been diagnosed with a degenerative cognitive disease. With the help of our team and care plans, an Alzheimer's diagnosis does not automatically mean that your loved one must leave their home for a live-in facility.
The importance of building team support
Alzheimer's and dementia care consists of various treatments and therapies that can slow the worsening of symptoms, improve quality of life, and provide relief for the client. Once a physician has diagnosed your loved one with Alzheimer's or dementia, building a support team and choosing what kind of memory care program your loved one needs is critical to managing the disease.
Learn more about working with our Angels
If you or your loved one in Stoney Creek, Hamilton, Grimsby, or the surrounding area have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's or dementia, Senior Home Care by Angels Hamilton can help. Contact our professional care providers today by clicking one of the buttons below. We would love to help you learn more about our Alzheimer's care services and dementia care schedule a free, in-home assessment and discuss a care plan with one of our care coordinators to understand better the level of in-home care your family will need.
Each Senior Home Care by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Home Care by Angels franchised agency.