At-Home Care Services for Post-Hospitalization in Greater Hamilton, ON
Ready-Set-Go Home is transitional care to help seniors adjust to living at home after a hospital stay. According to the New England Journal of Medicine, roughly 20 percent of discharged patients return to the hospital within 30 days. Elderly adults have a lower chance of recovery if they are re-hospitalized during this window.
Therefore, reducing hospital readmissions is essential to maximize health benefits and minimize expenses. Senior Home Care by Angels Hamilton is committed to reducing hospital readmissions through at-home care services.
Senior Home Care by Angels Explains The Importance of At-Home Care Services for Transitional Needs in Hamilton, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, Grimsby, and Nearby Areas
Most patients can avoid going back to the hospital by following their doctor’s orders. But after a serious injury or illness, even the most basic tasks can be difficult or impossible for elderly adults. For many seniors to follow their doctor’s instructions, they will need extensive outside support.
Our Ready-Set-Go Home program gives seniors this much-needed support, increasing the odds of recovery and reducing hospital readmission risks. Our at-home care services can be aligned with their doctor’s instructions. Our services are customized for every client, ensuring a tailored approach to satisfy their specific needs.
Three Steps to Avoid Hospital Readmissions
- At the Hospital: Senior Home Care by Angels Hamilton senior care aides visit your loved one and provide support. During discharge, we guide your family through the process and provide valuable information in our “Ready-Set-Go-Home Discharge Planning Guide.” It includes questions for doctors and tips to reduce hospital readmission.
- At the Client's Home: After your discharge, our caregivers provide at-home care services to ensure a safe and comfortable recovery. We act as the “eyes and ears” in observing your loved one, spotting changes in their physical or mental health. We help them avoid skipped doctor’s visits and missed medication. We help family caregivers manage these tasks and avoid caregiver burnout.
- At the Senior Home Care by Angels Hamilton office: Our office staff identifies clients at high risk of readmission and recommends effective aftercare.
Ready–Set–Go Home Transitional Care Services
Our Ready-Set-Go Home services include:
- Monitoring medications and providing reminders
- Arranging pharmacy and special equipment deliveries
- Preparing healthy meals for special diets
- Accompanying seniors to follow-up medical appointments
- Observing fluid intake to prevent dehydration
- Providing health updates to family and physicians
- Coordinating food and equipment deliveries
Schedule Your Free Assessment Today
Do you have a loved one who will need professional care following an upcoming hospital stay? If you are in Hamilton or the surrounding area, contact Senior Home Care by Angels Hamilton today to learn more about our at-home care services for transitional needs. To connect to a staff member, please click one of the buttons below.
Our team is here to help; contact us today to learn more about our senior care services!
Each Senior Home Care by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Home Care by Angels franchised agency.