Explore Alzheimer's Care with Senior Homecare by Angels in Milton, ON and the Surrounding Areas
Senior Homecare by Angels Offers Alzheimer’s Care Services in Milton, Halton Hills, Georgetown, and Nearby Cities
Upon receiving a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, families are faced with difficult decisions about providing care for their loved ones or opting for professional Alzheimer’s care. Family relationships can become complicated and strained. Nursing homes or assisted living facilities are not your only options. Senior Homecare by Angels Milton’s Alzheimer’s care services allows your loved one to maintain their independence at home. We can help them avoid emotional trauma while helping them cope with dementia—memory loss, language impairment, and confusion—often caused by Alzheimer’s disease.
What Is Alzheimer’s Disease?
Alzheimer’s disease gets worse over time and is characterized by dementia. Dementia is a collection of cognitive problems that adversely affect memory, communication, and behavior. Advanced Alzheimer’s interferes with daily living. It is important to recognize that dementia caused by Alzheimer’s is not a normal part of aging. While aging might diminish cognitive abilities, Alzheimer’s can make it hard to function daily.
Look for these Warning Signs:
- Disruptive memory loss affecting daily life, such as forgetting names or recent events
- Misplacing items or the inability to retrace steps to locate lost items
- Decreased ability to make decisions or demonstrate good judgment
- Decreased ability to plan, solve problems, or concentrate
- Difficulty understanding visual images or responding to color or contrast
- New or worsening problems with language
- New or worsening confusion about time and place, dates, or seasons
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks or handling projects that were once easy
- Withdrawal from social activities or interpersonal interactions
- Changes in personality or mood, such as fear, suspicion, irritability, or disinterest in everyday activities
If these warning signs seem familiar to you, it is vital to have a physician evaluate your loved one. Remember that Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of aging and should not be confused with basic forgetfulness or slowing capabilities. Everyone is unique, but if your loved one is experiencing multiple symptoms, talk to their doctor, and consider seeking professional Alzheimer’s care.
If your loved one is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, our extensively trained caregivers can help with:
- Meal Preparation: Caregivers will make sure your loved one eats delicious and nutritious home-cooked meals.
- Mobility Assistance: We can help them move safely around their home and avoid potential hazards.
- Personal Hygiene: Caregivers can assist with bathing, dressing, showering, grooming, and toileting.
- Medication Reminders: We can help your loved one stick to a routine.
- Light Housekeeping: Caregivers assist with dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, laundry, and dishes.
- Wandering Prevention: Safety is our primary concern. We will help manage triggers that cause wandering and help with strategies to prevent it.
- Sundown Syndrome: We can help manage disruptive behaviors in the late afternoon or evening.
Contact Us Today
If you are in Milton, Halton Hills, Georgetown, Mississauga, or the surrounding area and want to learn more about Alzheimer’s care, call us at Senior Homecare by Angels Milton at 647-371-0029 today.
Each Senior Homecare by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Homecare by Angels franchised agency.