Senior Care Provider in Edmonton: Questions to Ask When Choosing Care
It's never easy when one of your parents, or someone else you care about, can no longer cope on their own at home. A good senior care provider in Edmonton can help you navigate this difficult time, and ensure that your loved one gets the support they need. But how will you know which provider you should choose?
What to Look for in a Senior Care Provider in Edmonton
To help guide your search, our care professionals at Senior Homecare By Angels® Edmonton have recommended a few crucial topics to address when you reach out to senior care providers in the Edmonton area:
- Their care team - What is their care team like? What kind of experience do their caregivers have? What qualities do they look for when hiring caregivers? Do they offer any specialized training? Who supervises their care providers?
- The services they offer - What kinds of assistance can they provide? Do they have services that can address your loved one's needs?
- Their care planning process - Can they walk you through the process for creating and implementing a care plan for a new client? Who decides the type and level of care to provide? How will they assess your relative's condition and needs? What role will your family play in these decisions, if any?
- Their scheduling options - Do they have set hours or can they provide care at any time? Are their providers available for evenings, weekends, or holidays? Can you adjust your loved one's schedule once it is set?
- Their adaptability and communication - Can they change a client's care plan if that individual needs more support or a different kind of support? How does this process work? Are caregivers responsible for monitoring their client's condition and recommending changes, or does it fall to clients and their families? What level of contact do they maintain with their client's families?
While these topics can get you started, you should ask as many questions as you need to in order to feel comfortable. In addition, make sure to check about their service rates, and to request references if they're available.
Request a Free Consultation From Senior Homecare By Angels Edmonton
At Senior Homecare By Angels Edmonton, we'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our home care services in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, and Spruce Grove area.
Find out if we're the right senior care provider for you. Contact Senior Homecare By Angels Edmonton today for a free in-home consultation.
Each Senior Homecare by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Homecare by Angels franchised agency.