Choosing In Home Care for Edmonton’s Loved Ones
When you discover that a parent or loved one is struggling to live safely on their own, it’s only natural for you to want to find them the best possible care. With so many different in home care agencies in the Edmonton, AB area, it can be difficult to know which agency will be a good fit for your loved one.
While finding care for a loved one can initially be overwhelming, with a little patience, organization, and research, know you can find the right care provider. Our team at Senior Home Care By Angels® Edmonton has listed a few steps to follow as you explore the different in home care options available in Edmonton, Spruce Grove, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, and throughout the Greater Edmonton Area.
How to Find In Home Care in Edmonton
As you search for the right in home care services for your loved one in the Edmonton area, some key steps to follow include:
- Create a List of Home Care Agencies. Research online, ask your loved one’s physician, and inquire at local senior centers to create a list of in home care agencies in the Edmonton area.
- Research the Services Offered. Call different agencies to outline your loved one’s care needs and determine whether they can meet these needs. Don’t forget to mention your loved one’s social and emotional care needs.
- Learn About Available Caregivers. Find out how an agency hires their caregivers and what sort of screening the caregivers go through. Also ask about how caregivers are assigned to clients and find out whether you will have any input into who is assigned to caring for your loved one.
- Check an Agency’s Credentials. Make sure you have found a reputable care agency by asking for references from other families who have relied on this agency for care. Also, make sure this agency is bonded and insured.
- Schedule a Care Consultation. If you think you’ve found the right in home care provider for your loved one in the Edmonton, AB area, ask to book a care consultation. An in-person meeting in your loved one’s home will give you a chance to see how agency members interact with your loved one, and give you an opportunity to learn more about the care offered.
At Senior Home Care by Angels Edmonton, we’re proud to offer compassionate and supportive in home care services that families can rely on. Call us today to learn more and book a free care consultation.
Each Senior Homecare by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Homecare by Angels franchised agency.