Keep Your Aging Loved One Safe in Greater Berwick, NS with Senior Homecare by Angels' Elderly Fall Prevention
With Elderly Fall Prevention from Senior Homecare by Angels, Seniors in the Annapolis Valley Can Get the Support They Need to Avoid Fall-Related Risks
Falls are a frequent concern among the senior population in the Annapolis Valley region of Nova Scotia. Seniors can be more susceptible to falls than other age groups due to age-related mobility and cognitive issues. Not only can it take a while for seniors to recover from a fall, but it can also make seniors worry that they'll fall again. Even when a senior doesn't require hospitalization after a fall, the fear of another fall happening can cause them to lose their self-confidence and isolate themselves, lowering their quality of life. This can also increase a senior's risk of falling again. Help your ageing loved one avoid costly falls by opting for Senior Homecare by Angels in the Annapolis Valley's elderly fall prevention program.
Here Are Some Additional Facts About the Impact of Falls on Seniors
- The senior population in Canada accounts for 75 percent of falls that result in accidental death
- Falls are the second-leading cause of unintentional death among seniors
- One-third of seniors who experience a hip fracture after a fall and have to be hospitalized will die within a year
That's why Senior Homecare by Angels offers elderly fall prevention solutions for seniors in Wolfville, Middleton, Bridgetown, Berwick, Kentville, Digby, and throughout the Annapolis Valley. Our home care options allow seniors to feel safe in their own homes and help them maintain their independence.
What Does Fall Prevention from Senior Homecare by Angels in the Annapolis Valley Include?
With extensive experience in providing senior care, our caregivers can identify areas in your loved one's home that could lead to a fall. We can also make recommendations on improvements that can help your loved one stay safe, including grab bars in the bathroom, slip-resistant mats, and other assistive devices.
Also, we can personalize a care plan that will help with elderly fall prevention. Some of the ways our caregivers can help include:
- Helping your loved one get from room to room or go outside
- Helping them get in and out of bed
- Reminding them to take their medication and monitoring them in case they experience any side effects that can impact their mobility or cognition
- Plan and prepare meals so they can get the nutrition they need to stay healthy and have a sharp mind
- Assist them with personal hygiene tasks such as bathing and showering, and getting dressed
- Assist with running errands
- Arrange transportation to medical appointments and more, all while making sure they get in and out of the vehicle safely
- Providing a caring presence and a sympathetic ear to ease their anxiety about falling into their home
With elderly fall prevention from Senior Homecare by Angels of the Annapolis Valley, you can have peace of mind knowing your loved one is in capable and caring hands.
Schedule Your Free, In-Home Assessment Today
To see how Senior Homecare by Angels in Annapolis Valley can help keep your ageing loved one safe, contact our office today! We will be happy to set up a free, in-home consultation with one of our experienced care coordinators to go over any questions you may have. During this no-obligation meeting, our care coordinator can also help you develop an affordable home care plan that is best suited for your loved one's needs, lifestyle, and budget. We will also throw in a free elderly fall prevention assessment of your loved one's home!
Each Senior Homecare by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Homecare by Angels franchised agency.