In-Home Caregivers Provide Social Care in Greater Berwick, NS
When providing senior care, it’s essential for in-home caregivers to take a comprehensive approach. Their physical and mental well-being is important, but so is their social well-being. Many seniors find it difficult to spend quality time with the people they care about or make new friends. Age-related issues can make it tough for seniors to get out of the house and hang out with friends or remember people they’ve just met. This usually leads to seniors isolating themselves, which can make them feel lonely and lower their quality of life.
Senior Home Care by Angels Has In-Home Caregivers for Social Care in Berwick and Throughout the Annapolis Valley
At Senior Home Care by Angels of the Annapolis Valley, we’re committed to providing holistic home care solutions, including addressing the social needs of seniors. Through our social care program, we make socializing easier for seniors by helping them learn how to use digital tools and platforms to stay connected to their loved ones and meet new people.
How Digital Technology Helps Seniors Stay Connected
Did you know:
- Surfing the internet and using social media can help reduce depression in seniors by up to 20 percent*
- According to a study from the University of Arizona, seniors who use Facebook showed a 25 percent improvement in their working memory
- Seniors who use social networking sites show a positive emotional experience through signs like breathing rates, brain stimulation, and pupil dilation**
As you can see, seniors can benefit so much from using digital tools to socialize. That’s why our in-home caregivers are committed to helping seniors use modern tools to keep in touch with their friends and family.
How Our Caregivers Can Help Your Loved One
Here’s what our Social Care program includes:
- Our in-home caregivers help seniors learn how to use a cell phone, including programming contacts, using apps, and using FaceTime and other programs to interact with friends and family
- We help seniors learn how to use Skype and e-mail to stay connected
- We can help seniors set up a Facebook account and use it to stay in touch with the people in their lives
- We can help seniors learn how to use the Internet to do research, shop, find old friends, learn more about fun events in the Annapolis Valley, and more
Contact Us Today to Learn More
If our social care program sounds like the perfect solution for your senior loved one, contact Senior Home Care by Angels in the Annapolis Valley today! Our staff will be happy to answer any of your questions about in-home caregivers and schedule a free, in-home assessment with one of our care coordinators. To get in touch with a staff member, please click one of the buttons below.
Contact us today to learn more about how our social care program keeps seniors connected!
Each Senior Home Care by Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Visiting Homecare International Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Senior Home Care by Angels franchised agency.